How to secure your Bank account in case you have lost your phone?
Lost your phone / sim card? Here’s what you can do immediately when you realize your mobile is missing / stolen / lost
1. Get your SIM card blocked by contacting the telecom operator.
2. Call on Paytm Payments Bank helpline ( 011–33996699) from any mobile number,
- Select the option for lost phone
- Select the option to enter a different number from which you are calling
- Enter the lost mobile number and select the option to log out from all devices
Above two steps would ensure that you have logged out from all Paytm sessions and person who has possession of your lost SIM card cannot login back
3. After above two steps, we recommend you to temporarily block your account which would further safeguard your account. Please follow below stops for blocking your account:
(a) Go to 24×7 Help (you can raise a query without logging in)
(b) Select “Managing my Paytm Account”
(c) Select “ I am unable to access my Account”
(d) From the options, select “I need to block my account”
Then Submit the block request to us along with one proof of account ownership:
- Debit/credit card statement reflecting transactions done from your Paytm
- Confirmation email or SMS received for transactions done on your Paytm
- Proof of phone number ownership (i.e. Mobile bill in case of postpaid) OR
- Police complaint proof against lost or stolen phone
And we will send you a confirmation message post blocking your account
Once you get the phone number reissued, you can get back in touch with our customer care at 24×7 Help to get your Paytm account unblocked.